On Monday March 14, House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-FL) conducted the latest of a series of field hearings, this one in his home district in Central Florida, to discuss pending major transportation legislation. It was the only scheduled field hearing in Florida on the transportation bill. The hearing was focused on improving and reforming our nation’s surface transportation programs.
Among those asked to testify were:
- Geoffrey Yarema, Partner, Nossaman LLP
- The Honorable Frank Bruno, County Chair, County of Volusia
- Ananth Prasad, Assistant Secretary for Engineering and Operations, Florida Department of Transportation
- Bob Burleson, President, Florida Transportation Builders Association
- Randy Whitfield, Staff Director, Palm Beach MPO
- Richard P. Lawless, President and CEO, U.S.-Japan High-Speed Rail
- Cheryl Stone, on behalf of the transportation disadvantaged community
Geoff’s testimony, which you can read in full here, includes a list of planned U.S. highway projects with potential TIFIA funding. This list is a work in progress and we welcome your feedback with suggested corrections, additions and refinements in our comments section.