The Regents of the University of California (the “Regents”), on behalf of the University of California, Merced (“UC Merced”), announced on October 30, 2014 that it received Statements of Qualifications (SOQs) from six teams in response to the reissued Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the UC Merced 2020 P3 Project (the “Project”).
The reissued RFQ was released on September 25, 2014. The six teams that submitted SOQs in response to the reissued RFQ were substantially the same six teams that responded to the initial RFQ released in April 2014.
The respondents and their equity members are (in alphabetical order):
- EP2 Developers (EP2): Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate LLC, Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd. and Education Realty Trust, Inc.
- E3 2020: Balfour Beatty Investments, Inc.
- Gateway2Learn: HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions North America; Meridiam Gateway2Learn, LLC
- Innovation Partners: Hunt Development Group LLC and Shikun & Binui, Ltd.
- Merced Campus Collaborative: Lend Lease (US) Investments, Inc., Macquarie Capital Group Limited and ACC OP Development, LLC
- Merced 2020 Partners: Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. and Fengate Capital Management Ltd.
The complete list of respondent team members may be found at the UC Merced 2020 Project website.
The Project represents the second phase of campus development under UC Merced’s Long Range Development Plan and involves a significant campus expansion to support projected enrollment growth from 6,200 current students to 10,000 students by the year 2020.
The project consists of the comprehensive development, design, construction, and financing of academic, administrative, research, recreational, student residence and student services buildings, together with utilities and infrastructure, outdoor recreation and open space areas, and associated roadways, parking and landscaping. The Project will also include operations and maintenance of some or all of these facilities. The Regents intend to make shortlist decisions in December 2014.