Some recent events, taken together, provide evidence that policy-makers in the United States are growing more comfortable with public-private partnerships as a vehicle for project delivery, in particular with respect to the nation’s decaying infrastructure and bridging the resultant financing challenges.
Following President Obama’s Build America Investment Initiative early this summer, the U.S. Department of Transportation established the Build America Transportation Investment Center (or BATIC) that would, among other things, enable non-federal but still ...
Last month, the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) formally unveiled its Build America Transportation Investment Center (BATIC). BATIC’s mission is to:
- Expand the use of federal transportation credit programs;
- Innovate new approaches to project development processes and funding challenges and institutionalize technology and best practice across credit programs and modal teams; and
- Deliver streamlined technical and financial assistance to accelerate project delivery
BATIC is intended to serve as a single point of contact for project sponsors to obtain ...
Nossaman LLP’s 30-plus infrastructure attorneys offer clients, colleagues, strategic partners, and industry media a wealth of practical experience, insider insight, and thoughtful analysis here on Infra Insight. We blog about what we know best, from industry-leading procurements to local and national policy developments that affect the market and our clients.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- California Environmental Quality Act
- High-Speed Rail
- Job Opening
- Rail and Transit
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Social Infrastructure
- Tollroads/ Turnpikes/ Managed Lanes
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Water Supply
- Water Utility Regulation