The job responsibilities will include:
- Managing and facilitating evaluation of unsolicited proposals submitted to the OEI
- Managing OEI’s P3 advisors
- Managing pre-procurement activities for P3 projects such as project screenings, qualitative and quantitative assessment and value for money analyses
- Managing procurement schedules and project budgets
- Coordinating among key LA Metro departments, staff and outside stakeholders
- Participating in outreach for the P3 program and projects.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm September 21.
When Phil Washington became LA Metro’s Executive Director, one of his first initiatives was to create the OEI and reach out to industry to encourage innovative unsolicited proposals to advance LA Metro’s mission. Metro’s goal is nothing less than to be the most innovative transportation agency in the U.S. With the largest transit capital program in the nation, LA Metro seeks better solutions for delivering its major projects and improving mobility. The OEI is focused on technological and financial innovations that deliver quality infrastructure and services at lower cost than traditional ways of doing business. It is particularly interested in proposals for public-private partnerships to speed and improve capital project delivery.
To date the OEI has received 113 unsolicited proposals and vetted most of them through the first of its two-phase evaluation process, with 18 proposals currently in the second phase. Thirteen proposals have been implemented or are in implementation or proof of concept. One of the best examples is Metro’s Microtransit P3 pilot project, currently in the first implementation stage. Through OEI’s program, Metro is in pre-procurement development for the West Santa Ana Branch light rail line and the Sepulveda Transit Corridor project, two of the biggest future projects in LA Metro’s capital program.
There will be no shortage of work, opportunity and stimulating professional experience for LA Metro’s new Innovation Manager.
In over 42 years with the Firm, Fred Kessler has gained national recognition as a guiding force for public agencies in the field of transportation public-private partnerships (P3s). Clients benefit from his vast experience with ...
Nossaman LLP’s 30-plus infrastructure attorneys offer clients, colleagues, strategic partners, and industry media a wealth of practical experience, insider insight, and thoughtful analysis here on Infra Insight. We blog about what we know best, from industry-leading procurements to local and national policy developments that affect the market and our clients.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- California Environmental Quality Act
- High-Speed Rail
- Job Opening
- Rail and Transit
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Social Infrastructure
- Tollroads/ Turnpikes/ Managed Lanes
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Water Supply
- Water Utility Regulation