The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) announced yesterday that it received four financial proposals in response to a Request for Proposals issued by FDOT on October 11, 2013 for the I-4 Ultimate Project. On June 5, 2013, FDOT announced a shortlist of four proposers, all of whom submitted financial proposals yesterday and technical proposals on February 12, 2014 seeking the contract to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the project.
The estimated $2 billion project, which will be developed through a public-private partnership concession agreement, includes the reconstruction of 21 miles of I-4 from west of Kirkman Road in Orange County to east of State Road 434 in Seminole County. The project adds four tolled express lanes to I-4 while maintaining the existing free general use lanes, providing a choice to motorists.
FDOT received financial proposals from the following shortlisted teams (listed in the order received):
- Ultimate Mobility Partners (InfraRed Capital Partners Limited; Fluor Enterprises, Inc.; Kiewit Infrastructure South Co.);
- I-4 Mobility Partners (Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc.; John Laing Investments Limited);
- 4wardPartners (VINCI Concessions S.A.S.; Meridiam Infrastructure I-4 Ultimate, LLC; Walsh Investors, LLC); and
- I-4 Development Partners LLC (Macquarie Capital Group Limited; OHL Concesiones.A.; FCC Construccion S.A.).
Yukiko Kojima offers clients unique experience with highly innovative alternative delivery strategies for large-scale infrastructure projects in the U.S. because of her deep knowledge of national best practices as well as ...
Nossaman LLP’s 30-plus infrastructure attorneys offer clients, colleagues, strategic partners, and industry media a wealth of practical experience, insider insight, and thoughtful analysis here on Infra Insight. We blog about what we know best, from industry-leading procurements to local and national policy developments that affect the market and our clients.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- California Environmental Quality Act
- High-Speed Rail
- Job Opening
- Rail and Transit
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Social Infrastructure
- Tollroads/ Turnpikes/ Managed Lanes
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Water Supply
- Water Utility Regulation