Last month, the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) formally unveiled its Build America Transportation Investment Center (BATIC). BATIC’s mission is to:
- Expand the use of federal transportation credit programs;
- Innovate new approaches to project development processes and funding challenges and institutionalize technology and best practice across credit programs and modal teams; and
- Deliver streamlined technical and financial assistance to accelerate project delivery
BATIC is intended to serve as a single point of contact for project sponsors to obtain federal expertise and to address procedural, permitting and financial barriers to increase infrastructure investment and development.
Following on the heels of BATIC’s unveiling, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) recently announced the launching of its BATIC Institute. The BATIC Institute is an education and training component of BATIC, aimed at assisting state departments of transportation and other agencies on how to better utilize innovate solutions to finance transportation projects, including bonding, federal credit assistance, and public-private partnerships.
Simon Santiago handles contractual, procurement, development and construction issues for the largest transportation, transit and multi-modal projects in the U.S. Public sector clients seek his guidance in creating ...
Nossaman LLP’s 30-plus infrastructure attorneys offer clients, colleagues, strategic partners, and industry media a wealth of practical experience, insider insight, and thoughtful analysis here on Infra Insight. We blog about what we know best, from industry-leading procurements to local and national policy developments that affect the market and our clients.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- California Environmental Quality Act
- High-Speed Rail
- Job Opening
- Rail and Transit
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Social Infrastructure
- Tollroads/ Turnpikes/ Managed Lanes
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Water Supply
- Water Utility Regulation