On Sept. 19, 2011, the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) sent a press release announcing that GDOT issued the final Request for Proposal (RFP) for the West by Northwest Project. The RFP was provided to three short-listed proposers, comprised of several national and international developers and contractors. Brandon Beach, P3 Committee Chair of the State Transportation Board, viewed the issuance of the RFP as further evidence that GDOT’s P3 program is vibrant and continuing to make huge strides in coordinating these mega-projects with our partner agencies.
On June 1, the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) announced the shortlist of qualified proposers for the West by Northwest Project. The three shortlisted teams are eligible to receive the Request for Proposals for the project, which is expected to be issued in the fall. The selected teams are as follows:
The West by Northwest Development Partners
- Equity: VINCI Concessions and OHL Concesiones.
- Lead Contractors: Archer Western Contractors, OHL USA and the Hubbard Construction Company.
- Lead Engineering Firm: Parsons Transportation Group.
- Lead Operations and ...
A recent independent report on the Georgia Department of Transportation’s West by Northwest Project indicates that the project will result in significant economic benefits to the Atlanta region and statewide. Prepared by the Fiscal Research Center at Georgia State University, the report focused on the short-term effects of the project and found:
- The project will result in an estimated 9,705 private sector jobs in Georgia (including 9,169 jobs in the Atlanta metro region) that would not otherwise exist;
- The project will generate over $528 million in additional income in the ...
Nossaman LLP’s 30-plus infrastructure attorneys offer clients, colleagues, strategic partners, and industry media a wealth of practical experience, insider insight, and thoughtful analysis here on Infra Insight. We blog about what we know best, from industry-leading procurements to local and national policy developments that affect the market and our clients.