Commuters using the heavily congested SR-91 corridor between Riverside and Orange County in Southern California can enjoy an early July 4th celebration—on July 3, 2013, the Riverside County Transportation Commission closed on a billion dollars of financing for the SR-91 project which will provide needed relief of congestion in the corridor when the project is completed in May of 2017. RCTC achieved financial close on the project less than 60 days after awarding the design-build contract for the project to a joint venture of Atkinson/Walsh. The SR-91 corridor improvement ...
On May 8th, 2013, the Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC) approved a $632 million dollar design-build contract for the SR-91 Corridor Improvement Project. The design-builder is a joint venture between Atkinson Contractors, LP and Walsh Construction Company. URS is the team’s lead designer.
RCTC had previously pre-qualified 4 teams for the project and issued the RFP on July 26, 2012: The 4 pre-qualified teams were: Atkinson/Walsh, a joint venture; Flatiron/Skanska/Rados, a joint venture; Shimmick/Obayashi/FNF, a joint venture; and Kiewit Infrastructure ...
On April 7, 2010, the California Transportation Commission (CTC) authorized the first two regional design-build projects under the state's innovative contracting authority under Senate Bill 4, SBX2 4.
- The ExpressLane Project is a joint state/local project of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LA Metro) and the Department of Transportation (Caltrans), which will be implemented by Caltrans. The project will convert existing carpool lanes on Interstates 10 and 110 to high-occupancy toll (HOT) lanes, or ExpressLanes.
- The Riverside County ...
Nossaman LLP’s 30-plus infrastructure attorneys offer clients, colleagues, strategic partners, and industry media a wealth of practical experience, insider insight, and thoughtful analysis here on Infra Insight. We blog about what we know best, from industry-leading procurements to local and national policy developments that affect the market and our clients.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- California Environmental Quality Act
- High-Speed Rail
- Job Opening
- Rail and Transit
- Regulatory Reform and Proposed Rules
- Social Infrastructure
- Tollroads/ Turnpikes/ Managed Lanes
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Water Supply
- Water Utility Regulation